Monday, April 14, 2008

Shattered.


Goodbye summer...we're back to spring. After a weekend of 90* weather...today is about 25-30 degrees cooler and WINDY as all get out. As I'm lying in bed last night, I hear the wind pick up and I think "I really should have taken the umbrella down outside". So this morning I walk by my patio door and think that agian...I'll do it when I come back down stairs. Not 3 seconds later the umbrella was lifted out of the table and smashed right back down on top of it! This is the view from my bedroom window looking down on the destruction. Here is a more detailed shot of the glass. I filled a 10 gallon trash can with glass from the clean up!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

holy cow! You were right...well, now you need a couch and chairs for out there!

nicole said...

I did this same thing (with leaving the umbrella up) to my parents table when I was a teenager - lesson learned then - my dad really was NOT happy!!
so now I never leave the deck without putting it down :)
bummer that it happened to you too!